General Atomics and Affiliated Companies Mid Level Field Avionics Technician in Palmdale, California
Job ID#: 22193BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Title: Mid Level Field Avionics Technician
Job Category: Avionics/Electronics
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
Clearance Required?: Yes
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have multiple opportunities for Mid-Level Electronics Technicians at our Flight Operations Facilities located in the High Desert region of Southern California near the Victor Valley and Antelope Valley areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Role of a Mid-Level Field Avionics Technician
Use electronics technology and computer systems – In this job, you will apply knowledge to troubleshoot and repair ground and airborne electronic equipment. You will conduct inspections, preventative maintenance, installation, configuration, operation and test of various technical systems in accordance with established operating proceduresto ensure safety of flight.
Strong interpersonal skills and good integrity – You will interface with internal and external customers and advance your understanding on the technical aspects of system operations and maintenance practices. This job requires strict adherence to the use of technical documents, policies, procedures and sound maintenance principles.
Sound judgment and reasoning abilities – This job requires you to diagnose technical issues on complex systems and correct malfunctions returning equipment to serviceable condition. You will utilize gained knowledge and troubleshooting skills to determine solutions from routine to complex problems. You will assess equipment condition to meet mission requirements and contribute to a safe operating environment.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Other duties as assigned.
We Offer Fantastic Benefits
Paid on-the-job training (OJT) and mentorship program builds upon formal technical and trade education. Enables successful performance with career advancement at the completion of the OJT program.
Competitive salaries in a pay-for-performance environment.
401(K) and Pension Plan with company contribution.
Extensive relocation package.
Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision benefits with coverage offered within the first 30 days.
Enhanced benefits package including life and disability insurances, flexible spending accounts and legal plans.
Regular Full Time
9/80 work week
Shift work with paid differentials
Licenses and Certifications
A&P License – desirable
FCC GROL – desirable
Clearance Level: Secret
• Typically requires educational training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well as two or more years of experience in electronics, technology or aviation – diverse experiences welcomed. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
• Ability to analyze data, troubleshoot complex problems and recommend solutions, and perform a variety of non-routine tasks demonstrating considerable knowledge of electronic industry standards.
• Ability to apply good analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately assess, document and report equipment condition, maintenance actions and operational status.
• Ability to apply personal integrity, sound reasoning and judgment to ensure a safe work environment and flight safety.
• Must be able to read and interpret technical publications, engineering instructions, schematics, drawings, and blueprints.
• Must possess the ability to use standard electronic test equipment and specialized instruments to test and repair ground and airborne electronic equipment.
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Must be capable of walking long distances and standing for extended periods of time (2-3 hours at a time).
• Ability to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions.
• Ability to crawl under aircraft as well as to climb/stand on ladders for extend periods of time (2-3 hours).
• Position requires frequent bending, kneeling and twisting.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
General Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.